Thursday, December 22, 2011

Lasagna: Quick and Easy

I have been always fond of eating lasagna as much as Garfield the cat does. I want to try baking but I guess I’m not born to be a chef. Maybe sometime I’m gonna try doing it but as for now let me show a recipe I found that all of us can understand.


So the ingredients are:

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium (150g) onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
500g minced beef
2 x 500g jars pasta sauce
240g packet (16) instant lasagna pasta sheets
500g ricotta cheese
1/2 cup (125ml) milk
250g mozzarella cheese, grated
1/2 cup (125ml) cream
1/4 cup (20g) grated Parmesan cheese


What you should do:

Heat oil in pan, add onion and garlic, cook, stirring, until onion is soft. Add mince, cook, stirring, until well browned. Stir pasta in sauce, cook until heated through; remove from heat.

Line shallow greased 20cm x 30cm ovenproof dish with a layer of pasta, top with one-third of meat mixture. Spread with one-third of combined ricotta cheese and milk, sprinkle with one-third of mozzarella cheese. Repeat layering, finishing with pasta; pour over cream sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Bake covered, in moderate over 30 minutes. Remove cover, bake further 10 minutes, or until top of lasagna is bubbling and browned.


Voila! That’s it. Enjoy cooking and eating your Lasagna.



Stay tuned.

(c)therottengenius

0 comments:

Post a Comment